You can disable Siri on Apple Watch. However, if you think Siri is useless or tired of random calls, you can easily turn it off with just a few taps.
Here’s how to disable Siri on an Apple Watch running any latest version of watchOS , including watchOS 8 and watchOS 9.
Reasons to disable Siri on Apple Watch
If you are reading this guide, then you probably have your own reasons for disabling Siri on your Apple Watch. And here are some of the possibilities.
1) During workouts, especially push-ups, the Digital Crown is pressed against the top of the hand, which can trigger Siri. It can also happen when you hold on to a handrail on public transport.
2) When you talk to people and lift your Apple Watch to check the time, Siri can wake up and listen to you even if you didn’t say “Hey Siri”. This is due to the ” Raise and speak ” function, which automatically calls the voice assistant.
3) iPhone is always there. Or you work from home and have a Mac, iPad, or HomePod handy, and thus need to call Siri from a small Apple Watch.
4) Privacy issues. You don’t want the watch to always listen to you (the microphone on the Apple Watch and other Hey Siri-enabled devices is always waiting for the Hey Siri command).
How to disable Siri on Apple Watch
You can turn off Siri on your Apple Watch directly from the device settings or the Watch app on your iPhone. We will show you both ways.
With Apple Watch
Here’s how to disable Siri on Apple Watch:
- Press the Digital Crown and select Settings .
- Scroll down and press Siri .
- Turn off the toggles for Listen to Hey Siri, Raise to Speak , and Press Digital Crown .
- After disabling the third and final toggle, tap Turn Siri Off to confirm.
This will completely disable Siri on the Apple Watch. However, if you only want to turn off one specific way to call Siri, turn off this toggle and leave the rest on. For example, if you don’t want to activate Siri by holding the Digital Crown, disable ” Digital Crown Press ” and leave the other two methods enabled.
Advice. If you don’t like Sir’s responses aloud, go to “Audio feedback” settings and select “Headphones only”.
Follow these steps to disable Siri on Apple Watch using iPhone:
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
- Press Siri under My Watch.
- Turn off Hey Siri, Raise to Speak, and press the Digital Crown.
This way you can stop using Siri on your Apple Watch.
If you change your mind, enabling Siri on your Apple Watch is just as easy. Just follow the above steps and turn on the switches.