Stream to Twitch: You can stream your favorite games on Twitch, or simply stream your stories and entertainment, all from the Twitch app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. In this tutorial, we will show you how to stream to Twitch for free with minimal settings.
How to Stream to Twitch from iPhone or iPad
1) Open Twitch and tap the camera icon. You can also click on your profile picture and then click Start Streaming.
2) Select Broadcast IRL (in real life).
3) Describe your stream, that is, give a name. Next, select the appropriate category.
4) You can click “Share Live ” to share your Twitch profile link via messages, WhatsApp, mail, etc.
5) Finally, click on ” Start Broadcasting.
The app will ask you to rotate your iPhone to landscape orientation. Open the Control Center and tap the red Portrait Orientation Lock button. Now go back to Twitch and start streaming.
While streaming on Twitch:
- You can swipe right or left on the chat card to hide or show it.
- Tap the camera icon to switch between the front and rear cameras.
- Tap the three dots icon to mute your microphone while streaming. You can also lock the screen to prevent accidental touches during live streaming.
- When you’re done, click ” End ” > “End Broadcast “.
1) Open Twitch and tap the camera icon. You can also click on your profile picture and click Start Streaming.
2) Select Broadcast Games to play and stream your game on Twitch.
3) Select the game you want to stream and click ” Next “. You can also use the search bar to find the game.
4) On the Twitch broadcast setup screen, give the stream a name. Adjust other options: volume, save past broadcasts, or not.
5) When you’re done, click the purple Live button.
6) You will see the Screen Broadcast tool. Click the “Microphone” button if you want to turn on the microphone for commenting on the game with your voice. Finally, click ” Start Broadcasting.
7) Now open the game you want to live stream on Twitch and start playing.
Note. Everything that happens on your screen will be broadcast, including incoming notifications, other applications you open, etc. To avoid distractions while streaming on Twitch, you can turn on do not disturb mode. To keep Twitch notifications enabled, add the Twitch app as an exception to focus. If you lock your iPhone screen, the stream will stop.
8) When you’re done broadcasting, tap the red bar at the top of your iPhone screen and select Stop. This concludes the Twitch gameplay broadcast.
To view your past broadcasts, tap your profile picture in the top left corner of the Twitch app and select “My Channel”.
Stream to Twitch via Mac
You can stream to Twitch from your Mac or PC using the free official Twitch Studio app, Lightstream (paid), or Streamlabs OBS (free). Streaming to Twitch with Lightstream does not require any app downloads and you can stream from your web browser.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to stream on Twitch using the free Twitch Studio app for Mac:
1) Download and install the official Twitch app for Mac or PC.
2) Open the app and log in with your Twitch username and password.
3) Click “Start ” to set up the microphone, webcam, and system sounds. On the next screen, click ” Give permission ” > ” OK ” next to “Microphone and webcam”. You can also click “Install ” next to system sounds and follow the instructions.
4) Click ” Next ” to complete the setup by selecting the scene and stream quality. Click ” Forward to App ” to see the main screen of Twitch Studio.
5) Here, click “Capture Application ” > ” Give Permission ” > ” Open System Preferences”.
In System Preferences, click the padlock icon and enter your Mac’s password. Then check the box Twitch Studio > Restart. The app now has permission to access your Mac’s screen recording.
6) Click “Start broadcast”.
7) Set the desired parameters here. After that, click the pencil icon next to the stream information, add a title, category, tags, and more, and click Save.
8) Finally, click Go live.
While streaming on Twitch:
- Select an option under “ Main Screen Sharing” to broadcast only the Twitch window or the entire screen.
- Click the camera icon in the lower left corner to disable or enable the webcam.
- When you’re done, click “End Broadcast” to stop the broadcast.