Good News to all Lenovo Z5 Pro GT users. Now you can now Download and install LINEAGE OS 17 Android 9.0 Pie For Lenovo Z5 Pro GT without any error. Today we will be giving you steps on How to flash the LINEAGE OS 17 Android 9.0 Pie custom Rom for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT; this ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie GSI with Treble Enabled.
The GSI stands for Generic System image. The moniker “Generic” implies that system images can be installed on any device that is Treble-enabled, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to.
The full Credits goes to Phusson the XDA Recognized Developer the man behind the work of Project Treble GSI builds. With the help of Project treble, the Custom ROM development community has completely been boosted. We’ve seen the Mokee OS, Resurrection Remix, Pixel Experience, and Lineage OS has made their way to support most of the budget smartphone based on Lineage, Exynos, Kirin, and other obscure brands.
Lenovo Z5 Pro GT Key Spec
Table of Contents
- Platform: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 855
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- Colours: Carbon Black
- Dimension: 155.1 x 73 x 9.3 mm
- Weight: 201g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.39-inch, Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels (403 ppi)
- Screen Protection: –
- Rear Camera: Dual 16MP + 24MP camera, 2160p Video@30fps 1080p Video@120fps
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the major update of Google’s Android OS. This OS brings a couple of beautiful design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are Notch Support, Redesigned volume slider, New Quick Settings UI design, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Manual theme selection, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Android 9.0 Pie Feature List
- Adaptive Battery
- Dark Mode
- App Actions
- App Timer
- Adaptive Brightness
- Accessibility Menu
- Easier Text Selection
- New Screenshot Shortcut
- A New Home Button
- New Gesture Navigation
- Easier Screen Rotation
- Notification Details
- Indoor Navigation via Wi-Fi RTT
- An Improved DND Mode
- Lockdown Mode
- An Improved Message App
- All Apps use HTTPS
- The Media Panel
- ART Improvements
- 157 New Emojis
- Wind Down
- Multiple Camera Support
- Wi-Fi MAC Randomization
- WiFi only 5GHZ
- Hotspot (To share hotspot connection with PC, install Pdanet app)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool [To flash via ADB Sideload Method]
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to install this ROM
- This ROM will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Don’t worry we are going to share step by step guide to safely
Disclaimer We will not be responsible for any damages to your device that may happen while/after flashing this Android 9.0 Pie. We don’t recommend you to try this ROM as a daily driver. So far this ROM worked smoothly on many devices. This ROM may or may not be completely stable.
How to Flash LINEAGEOS 17Android 9.0 Pie for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT
Please do follow the below guide to enjoy this Android 9.0 Pie custom Rom for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT.
Flash the GSI LINEAGEOS 17Using ADB Fastboot Method
Now, this method requires you have ADB and fastboot tool setup on your computer.
- Firstly, Download the Generic System Image LineageOS 17Custom Rom for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT on your computer.
- Next Factory reset your Android device.
- Copy the downloaded GSI Rom your ADB and fastboot folder. Usually, it’s in C Drive, C:\adb.
- While in the ADB folder, hold the SHIFT key on your keyboard and then right-click on an empty space inside the folder to give your the following pop up showing on the below image.
- Select the ‘Open PowerShell window here’ option.
- Enable USB debugging on your device and connect it to the PC.
- Reboot your smartphone into the bootloader mode using this ADB command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type the following command to install GSI Rom on your Lenovo Z5 Pro GT
fastboot flash system “system_img_name”.img
- In the above command, replace the system_img_name with the actual GSI Rom file name you downloaded.
- It flashing processing will take a while. After it complete, use the following command to reboot your Android device.
Flash the GSI USing TWRP Method
- Download the Android 9.0 Pie Rom.
- Move it to your device external or internal storage.
- Switch off your device then > Press the following Combo Power + Vol Down button to boot into your TWRP recovery mode.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, take a backup of your current Rom using TWRP.
- In the TWRP menu, To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe.
- Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Android Pie 9.0 on Lenovo Z5 Pro GT.
- Now go back to TWRP Menu then click on the install button you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- After the installation is done
- Reboot your device and enjoy the wonderful LINEAGE OS 17 Android 9.0 Pie for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT!
LINEAGE OS 17ROM and Gapps Package: