Have ever wonder why WhatsApp messages disappear? Recently, WhatsApp announced that it will launch a new feature that will delete WhatsApp messages after a few days; probably after 7 days. However, this option was already present in different other applications, such as Telegram, Signal and Snapchat. But now, you can see it on your WhatsApp too.
Some of its features are as follows:
- Messages will be deleted after 7 days.
- Users can predict changes through notifications.
- If the user created the backup before 7 days, then the messages will be available. But once restored, they will be erased.
Now let’s discuss how this feature works and how you can use it.
Part 1. What is WhatsApp disappearing Messages?
Nowadays, social media apps are ensuring a safe platform for people so that they can easily chat with their loved ones without worrying about privacy. Among these applications, the most popular is WhatsApp. Recently, the developers decided to add a new feature called Temporary Messages. The feature will be available for one-on-one conversations and the admin will have full right to enable or disable it.
However, this feature will not work for images, so your images will not be deleted after 7 days, 24 hours, or 90 days. Also, it’s crucial to use it with people you trust, as chances are they can save messages before they disappear.
In case you are wondering what is missing from WhatsApp messages and how do WhatsApp messages disappear? Read below for more information.
Part 2. How to enable or disable WhatsApp Temporary Messages?
If your WhatsApp messages are missing from a new phone then don’t worry because you may have activated the disappear messages feature in WhatsApp. Yes, it’s easy to activate it and anyone can do it by following a few simple steps.
We have mentioned below the steps you can follow.
- First, open an individual’s WhatsApp conversation where you want to enable this feature.
- Now, click on the contact’s name.
- Under “Media Visibility” you will see the option “Disappear messages”.
- If you want to activate it, then click on the option about time.
- If you want to disable it, follow the same steps and select “Disabled”.
In this way, you can easily toggle disappearing messages on and off. However, keep in mind that these messages will be deleted after a specific period of time and you will not be able to change the time limit.
These are the steps you can follow for individual chats, but if you want to enable and disable this option in a group, read the next instructions.
Part 3: How to disable Find My iPhone without Apple ID and password
If you are a group admin then you can easily toggle the Missing Messages feature on and off. For that, you don’t have to do much, just follow the steps that we mentioned below.
- To activate it, you have to first launch WhatsApp and open group chat.
- Now, select the group where you want to make changes.
- Click on the group name and select the “Temporary messages” option. You can find this option under “Group Settings”.
- You will see a message, read it and click “Continue”.
- Now, choose the option about time and you’re good to go.
If you want to turn off the option, follow the same steps and when you are on the main page, choose the “Disabled” option. You will easily disable Temporary Messages.
Part 4. How to download WhatsApp messages before disappearing?
If you have enabled autodownload option then it will save your messages and media files.